Tuesday, May 8, 2012

[Smells Like News] Debra Messing Covers Ladies' Home Journal June 2012

She's returned to the small screen with in new hit show "Smash" while also readjusting to singledom following a recent divorce, but - amidst off of this - Debra Messing took time to put together a cover issue of the June 2012 edition of Ladies' Home Journal.

The 43-year-old actress is shown wearing a big smile on her face for the front page shot while opening up about topics including her split from producer ex, Daniel Zelman, to moving from Tinseltown to the Big Apple.

Highlights from Miss Messing's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Ladies' Home Journal!

On her move from L.A. to New York:
"Completely traumatic. I had to find a school for my second-grader. We didn't have a home, we didn't have furniture. It was literally moving here with nothing but faith and hope."

On splitting with her husband of 20 years:
"I think the institution of marriage is a noble thing. I think the idea of a partner for life is incredibly romantic. But now we're living to 100. A hundred years ago, people were dying at age 37. Til death do us part was a much different deal."

On how her son, Roman, is doing:
"It's exciting watching him navigate New York City. Every month I see him growing stronger and more confident and brave. He says, "I can go walk the dog by myself." I say, "No, you can't, but I'm thrilled you want to." He's become a little man in a very short time."

On going through such major changes in her 40s:
"I know myself better than I ever have before. I feel more attractive now than I have in a long time. I feel healthier and stronger. I don't exercise -- that's something I struggle with. I'm naturally lean and I'm constantly walking. I'll exercise in spurts, usually inspired by a dress I have to fit into. But once that gown is squeezed into, if I continue to exercise, I get sick or I pull my back. For some reason my body literally rejects exercise. [Just now a woman at the next table leans over and invites Messing to a play she wrote, then hands her a card advertising it. After the woman leaves, Messing holds up the card.] Okay, here's an example of what I'm talking about. Odds are I won't have time to see this play. But I will take this card home, and I'll try to go. If I were really accepting of myself, I would recycle this card right now. But I'm not there yet."



--
Posted By sysop to Smells Like News at 5/08/2012 03:06:00 PM

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Smells Like News" group.
To post to this group, send email to smellslikenews@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to smellslikenews+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/smellslikenews?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews